Monday, September 03, 2012

"Early Snow Late Harvest"



Here is another from Wenatchee Heights. I love the shapes and sparseness of the hills. At one point I thought I was done working on this. I waited overnight and looked again. Yes, it's good. I shot some photos. Looked again. No - I won't settle - my eye kept going back to places where I didn't want my eye to go. I took it back to the studio. I layered a deep yellow over the pink in the mid-ground. Highlighted the road on the left more. Added highlights to the snow fields. Put a few touches here and there, lightening a shrub here, highlighting a hill there. And pow! that is what it needed. I'm so glad I didn't settle! This painting will look fabulous with today's contemporary wall colors and furnishings.
"Early Snow Late Harvest"  14x11" Pastel on LaCarte  $275.00 unframed
SOLD Thanks Rob T. of Lopez Island
Email jennifer@evenhusfineart.com to claim this painting. Please put "Early Winter Late Harvest" in the subject line and I will email you an online invoice that you can pay by credit card. Please include your full name, address, ph#, and email address.

2 comments:

Juan Jose Pedro G. said...

La obra que as conseguido es muy armoniosa y me causa una profunda hemocion, al contemplarla, estoy de acuerdo contigo de que el pintor siempre tiene quedar el cien por cien de su capacidad en cualquier obra.Saludos

Jeffrey J. Boron said...

Beautiful painting Jenn with fantastic colour...congrats on the sale!

Jeffrey